Monday, April 20, 2009

Kill the Senile!

Apparently when grandma becomes senile, she needs to commit suicide because she will be too much of a burden to us. Um....really? This argument could be made for anyone; the mentally challenged, the handicap, even younger siblings when they are in the "terrible twos" stage! This is one of the dumbest suggestions I have heard in a while, but what was even more shocking was that people actually agree with this statement! On one blog site, a man claims that it is worth it to kill the senile because it is better for the economy; we shouldn't "Waste" money on people who aren't entirely there mentally. What was even more shocking was that the majority of the comments that were left on the site agreed with the blogger! It seems that everyone forgets that one day they will be old as well. I guess when the economy goes to hell, so do morals. Lets not forget that suicide is a sin, but I guess I can't really expect any of these people to understand that. After all, it is the atheist blog. I just think that it is so selfish to kill people who are "burdens." People think that the death penalty is wrong, but its acceptable to kill people who are ill? This just doesn't make any sense to me. I feel sorry for the parents and grandparents of these people. The moment they get old, there will either be a hit man after them, or they will be shipped off to a nursing home. Thank you mom for bringing me into this world, but I can no longer handle mental illness. I'm afraid ill have to let (or make) you go.

You can read the blog at http://atheistnexus.org/group/atheistnews/forum/topics/senile-have-a-duty-to-die

and here is the article under discussion http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1713716.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment