Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stef's Musings

Hello! My name is Stef and I am a freshman at Texas A&M University in College Station. I have noticed a few things while being in this somewhat small town for a few months. First off, I feel pretty much completely cut off from the outside world (the combination of being a college student and living in the middle of no where can do that to you). I don't have a television in my dorm room, so I don't get to watch the news everyday like I did at home. The only connection I have to finding out what is going on in the world is through the internet and word of mouth. This brings me to the second thing I've noticed which is that the news that I normally hear about is sad or depressing. I don't really have any desire to hear about all the bad things going on. There is bound to be something uplifting or happy happening somewhere in the world, right?
This blog is for those of you who want to know about the other news that you don't normally hear about. I plan on reading the obscure articles off of yahoo or digg.com. I want to talk about the random interesting things that went on within the past week that didn't make the cut for TV. My goal is for people to realize that not all news is bad news and that there is some news out there that is worth reading about.

No comments:

Post a Comment