Thursday, March 19, 2009

I am un-patriotic

I thought that I was a patriotic American, but apparently, it is now "very, very patriotic" to be in our counrty illegally. According to Nancy Pellosi, the immigration laws that are currently practiced are "un-American." I wasnt the only one who was taken aback by these statements. Rick Oltman, who was filming the speech, said that he "was embarrassed by what she said" and that it was "insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law." I am not against immigration. I agree that this country was founded and developed through immigration, but I dont think that it is fair that so many people come into our country and get all the benefits of living here without having to pay taxes like every other American. This speech was given at a rally for the end of deportations. With the way that things have been going in the government, it is very possible that they may be successful. Who knows, the government might start giving illegal immigrants checks to stimulate the economy and we lucky Americans who are here legally will pay for them with tax increases.

Read the article at http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/18/pelosi-tells-illegal-immigrants-work-site-raids-american/

No comments:

Post a Comment