Tuesday, March 31, 2009

April Fools!

Last year on March 31, a customer, Mr. Stewart, in a Scottish bank prevented a robbery from occurring. The man thought that it was an April Fool's Day joke, so when the robber claimed to have a gun in his backpack, Mr. Stewart just called the robber's bluff and took the bag away. I personally thought that this was hilarious. The robber obviously did not have everything together since he had just appeared in court on criminal damages and he had no gun on him at all. What I found even more amusing was that Mr. Stewart acted completely calm throughout the entire experience. Had I been in the bank, I would not have been brave enough to stop the man, and even if I did, I probably would have freaked out after I realized that it wasn't a joke. Mr. Stewart however, just walked right up and took the backpack away. Even after he found out that it was a real robbery, Mr. Stewart still didn't appear too shaken up. It must have been his lucky day...

Read the article at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5077153/Man-foils-bank-robbery-after-assuming-it-was-an-April-Fool.html

No comments:

Post a Comment