Sunday, May 10, 2009

Internet during finals?

Its every student's dream--to be able to use the internet during a test. Well the Ministry of Education in Denmark is testing their idea, and if they are successful, they are planning to allow "A" level student to use the internet during written tests in 2011. In order to prevent cheating, all papers are turned in electronically and there will be random checks on the sites that they are visiting during the exam. The logic behind this idea is that when writing papers at work, a person has access to the internet. As a student, of course I would love the idea of having internet access during finals, but I just don't think that it is a good idea. If I knew that I could use the internet in my political science test tomorrow, I probably wouldn't be spending so much time studying, and therefor I would not learn the material. I think that allowing internet access during finals will of course make the tests easier, but in the end students will not learn nearly as much. I was under the impression that I was paying so much to go to school in order to learn. If computers are allowed during finals, I would not have learn anything, but good ol' Wikipedia will pass the class for me.

Read the article at http://politiken.dk/newsinenglish/article705726.ece

No comments:

Post a Comment